Table Of Content
- Make AI a Part of Your Marketing Automation
- Create an SEO Keyword Funnel
- Target Your Google Ads with Broad Match Keywords
- Introduce Real-Time Personalization to Your Website
- Unlock the Potential of Video Marketing in Your Emails
- Targeted LinkedIn Marketing
- Invest in These B2B Marketing Strategies to Reach Your Goals
Ever wondered what it takes to create a successful B2B marketing strategy? It is all about knowing your target audience, personalizing your interactions and reaching out to them across multiple touchpoints. But as a B2B marketer, you already know that.
Then you also probably know what generic B2B marketing strategies will work – SEO, social media, email and referral marketing, and so on. But any idea why? And most importantly, do you know how you can make these work?
Here, we will talk about the top 6 B2B marketing strategies that work (even the most obvious ones) and how you can approach them.
1. Make AI a Part of Your Marketing Automation
Over the years, automation has become a huge part of lead nurturing and engagement strategies for most marketers. Any relevant action taken by a lead, like downloading an eBook, triggers a targeted follow-up email, all thanks to automation. However, it still relies on manual optimizations around various scenarios.
Bring in AI, and you have something that uses data to imitate human intelligence to explore patterns, learn from experiences, and suggest optimizations to your process. Now, combine these two, and you’ve got a winning B2B marketing strategies framework to work with.
Here are some ways the strategic use of AI and automation can drive marketing success-
- Tap into data insights faster; learn more about your customers and target them on multiple channels using automation
- Use AI tools to create highly personalized emails
- Study past customer data for effective lead scoring in a CRM
2. Create an SEO Keyword Funnel
Thanks to the increasing information online, your target audience is most likely to go from having no awareness to researching potential solutions all on their own. But that makes it even more important to make your presence known through organic content that ranks.
And how can you do that? Optimize your content strategy by using an SEO keyword funnel for different stages of the buyer journey. A typical keyword funnel would look like this-
- Top-of-funnel keywords- These target the pain points of the target buyer and help them perform their job more efficiently, like how to guides
- Middle-of-funnel keywords- As buyers learn more about the different solutions, you can use strategy-focused and comparison keywords
- Bottom-of-funnel keywords- Targeted keywords optimized to earn conversions and focus on what the buyer knows
3. Target Your Google Ads with Broad Match Keywords
Running pay-per-click ad campaigns is an excellent technique to boost your online presence across channels. But when you’re trying to reach decision-makers who are most likely short on time, it’s important to grab their attention instantly. And without the use of keyword match types, you can never know if you’re targeting the right person.
In perspective, Google ad results that include the correct buying keyword receive 65% of the clicks, while the organic results stand at 35%. By incorporating broad-match keywords with audience targeting, you can accurately capture the right section of the audience based on your content and users’ recent search activities.
4. Introduce Real-Time Personalization to Your Website
Introducing website personalization is another excellent B2B marketing strategy for start-ups. While email and content personalization have been in the game for long, website personalization involves creating a tailored experience for all your website visitors.
Which means rather than relying on a general web interface for everyone, your website can createdisplay customized web pages based on the user’s profile. For instance, customized CTAs with welcome offers for new customers, upselling to the existing ones or customizing the home page with industry-specific use cases or relevant metrics.
You can use valuable user data such as location, IP address, past online behavior, demographics, and more to fuel your personalization efforts.
5. Unlock the Potential of Video Marketing in Your Emails
For years, email marketing has been the top B2B marketing strategy for most marketers. And it still works. But with 2023 just around the corner, take it a notch higher with video marketing. Why you may ask?
Well, according to Cisco, video will account for 82% of web traffic by 2022, while 86% of businesses are already using video as a marketing tool. So, it only makes sense to combine these two powerful tools. When sending out email campaigns, videos can be a great way to introduce product features, as a content teaser, create a product tutorial series, or offer insights into the working of your company.
6. Targeted LinkedIn Marketing
Being present on social media isn’t enough. You need to be active and find your unique voice to stand out. Here’s how you can do that-
- Run targeted LinkedIn dynamic ads
Leverage profile targeting and website demographic tools to run targeted dynamic ads on LinkedIn. This includes segmenting your audience based on company, revenue, job function, location, and so on to promote job openings, company page, or even drive traffic to the website with spotlight ads.
- Use pulse articles
This is another innovative B2B marketing strategy to boost your credibility and reach a wider audience. With LinkedIn pulse, you can create original, valuable content with the benefit of showing it on Google. The platform creates blog posts, insights, and news tailored to the interests of each individual.
With LinkedIn, you can take your personalized B2B marketing efforts to a whole new level.
Invest in These B2B Marketing Strategies to Reach Your Goals
Even in this competitive business environment, generic B2B marketing strategies remain relevant for the most part. But you must constantly assess your strategies to improvise and experiment with different tools to keep up with the changes and make the most of your marketing efforts.